How to Use a Rice Sock
Heat therapy is commonly used in Chinese Medicine to promote circulation and reduce pain. The rice sock method may be recommended for you in place of a heating pad because it produces a damp heat as opposed to dry heat. Here’s how to make one:
- Use an all cotton sock, preferably one you won’t wear again.
- Fill sock with uncooked rice with enough room to tie off the end.
- Heat rice sock in oven at 350 for a few minutes. Don’t forget about it or you’ll burn your sock!
- Place on muscles for pain or abdomen for menstrual cramps.
- Rice sock may be used multiple times.